Get Fit Boss!


 I'm about to really tell my age but who remembers the fitness toy "Get In Shape Girl!"?  It was fitness equipment for kids that encouraged children to be active and it made working out fun!!  That was before the video games became popular and kids thought they would evaporate if they went outside to play.  I remember seeing the commercial for the gymnastics themed play set!  I couldn't wait to make out my Christmas list to put it on the top of the list.  They had other sets that included dumbbells, headbands, wristbands, rhythm ribbons, water bottles, leg warmers and even a cassette tape with the entire workout to go along with.  I was so excited about working out at the age of 9 without an ounce of fat on my body.  Now if someone mentions the word, "Workout", I instantly get anxiety and try to think of a million reasons to put it off until tomorrow!

The truth is, whenever I do workout, I feel amazing!  Just 30 mins of moving and sweating makes me feel like I can accomplish anything and gets me in a productive mindset to take on the day.  Studies show that there are numerous benefits to working out outside of improving your physical appearance.  It lowers stress. It improves your mood and mental clarity.  It releases endorphins to energize your spirits.  It increases motivation, focus and learning.  It can also stimulate rest and relaxation.  For those reasons alone, we should all be pumped every day to get up and work it out!  

It's no secret that we've all been on lockdown for the most part for the past 6 or 7 months.  There's even a such thing as the quarantine 15, meaning, we have all probably gained at least 15 pounds due to the fact that we've been cooped up for months with nothing to do but eat and watch television.  There's this hilarious video that my mom sent me from You Tube called "She's at the fridge again!"  The star of the video is singing about the struggle of going back and forth to the refrigerator when she just ate 2 minutes ago.  It's a song that we all need to have playing every time the door to the fridge opens to remind us that we are simply not hungry.  We're bored!

So now that the world is slowly opening back up again, I've decided to get back in shape the way a Boss should be.  I'm going to jumpstart my journey with a 4 week series of events and posts to track my activity and progress.   I'll share recipes, workout routines and ways of increasing your overall wellness.  I would love to have you all along for the ride and join in if you feel like I do and need to shave off the extra pounds.  This should be fun!  We will cover everything from planning our meals, staying active, meditation and supplements.  Before we get started we have to make a plan.  Your plan may look different from my plan.  It's all about creating a schedule and ways to eat right and burn fat on a daily basis that fit your lifestyle.  Use this 4 week workout planner to set goals for yourself and tape it on your bathroom mirror so it's the first thing you see every day.  After we have a good plan in place we can get started immediately!  Click the subscribe button to follow my 4 week series of getting in shape so we can get healthy, get focused, get fine and Get It Done Boss!

Comments

Popular Posts