Allow Me To Introduce Myself!

 

I can't believe it's been one year since I decided to start this blog!!  After retiring Kelle's Kakes I knew that I wanted to do something to help other business owners with making their dreams a reality but I wasn't quite sure how.  I would always get text messages and phone calls from people who were just starting their journey and had questions.  I could relate to each and every one of them.  When I went into business for myself I had no idea what I was doing.  I spent a lot of money on events and training from people offering small business information sessions.  I made a ton of mistakes that ultimately cost me money and unnecessary time.  Over time I became a more polished business owner.  I created processes and procedures that made my cake business run smoothly and more efficiently.  Although I don't recommend this, I was a one woman show.  I did customer service, booking, designing, bookkeeping, advertising, marketing, decorating, delivery and remittance for the business. I was only able to do all those things because I put a cap on the amount of business I would accept.  It was a busy lifestyle and I enjoyed every minute of it!  

After a successful 10 year run filled with countless events and celebrity clients, I decided it was time I hang up my apron to focus more on my family and do some of the other things that make me happy.  I'm an artist by trade.  I attended the Art Institute Of Atlanta for Interior Design.  I've always enjoyed sketching and painting.  I'm a music lover.  I'm a writer.   I'm a great cook. I love anything that has to do with creating and making things beautiful.  My latest beautification project is our community and this country with my new found love for politics.  Although I try to minimize my political content in this GIDB community, it's undoubtedly an important factor in owning and running your business.    

This blog is hands down one of the most fulfilling projects that I've worked on in the last year.  If I only help one person with my content, I've done what I set out to do.  It's not easy navigating these entrepreneur waters.  Every little bit of information helps.  If you've been rocking with me since day one, THANK YOU!!!  Feel free to share with your friends and family.  I have some really exciting things coming up as our world slowly reopens.  I can't wait to reveal the exciting news with you!! In the meantime, enjoy the blog and I hope it helps you Get It Done Boss!


SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG!!!


Comments

Popular Posts